• What is the minimum rental term?

    We manage long-term leases—most of our rentals have initial one-year leases.

  • Are pets allowed in rentals?

    Pets are allowed in some of the rental units that we manage. Please take a look at the rental description to see if we have included a “Pets allowed” checkmark.

  • Do you offer furnished and unfinished rentals?

    Yes, we manage both furnished and unfurnished rentals. If a rental is furnished, we note this in the property description.

  • When are showings offered?

    We set up showings at convenient times for tenants, usually on early weekday evenings and on weekends. If you’d like to see a property at a certain time, please email us and we will do our best to accommodate your request.

  • How do you determine who rents the property?

    Birds Nest Properties carries out confidential credit and reference checks. Once an applicant(s) is considered eligible, we propose the applicant(s) to the owner.

  • How do I pay rent?

    Generally, rent is withdrawn each month from a tenant’s bank account through a pre-authorized debit (PAD) agreement.

  • How do you determine the amount of the security deposit? Will I get it back when I move out?

    The security deposit is equal to half of the first months’ rent. An additional half months’ rent is charged as pet deposit, if you have a pet. The security and pet deposits will be returned in full (provided there are no damages) within 15 days following a move-out inspection.

  • What is a tenant responsible for?

    A tenant is expected to maintain proper care of the unit. This includes regular cleaning of carpets, walls, windows and blinds. This cleaning is also required when the tenant moves out. In a single family home, the tenant is also responsible for yard maintenance (lawn mowing and trimming).

  • How do I report a repair?

    If you are need of a repair, please email our response team at repairs@birdsnestproperties.ca.

  • Can I affix a TV to a wall?

    Yes, but we ask that you repair the wall when you move out.

  • Do I need insurance?

    Yes, it is important for both tenants and owners to have active insurance policies. Tenant insurance covers tenants belongings and temporary relocation costs (due to an insured loss), while landlord insurance includes rental income loss (due to an insured loss) and coverage for fixtures within the property. Both policies include liability coverage. For more information, please contact a licensed insurance broker.

  • Is Birds Nest Properties licensed?

    Yes, we are a licensed brokerage with the Real Estate Council of British Columbia.

  • Does Birds Nest Properties charge tenants a service fee?

    No, we do not charge tenants a fee for our services.